Why hello again mates. As usual, I'm quite the master of allowing cobwebs to collect in this place so I have resigned to the fact that I would just never be good at documenting my personal life. I do however, get spurts of energy to churn out beefy postings and I guess tonight is one of em nights. So.. enjoy!:)
So last weekend after my match at Turf City, I made my way down together with the Gushcloud crew, to the Grizzle Grind Crew's (GGC) 1st Anniversary at JCube. It was mainly to support Jin (Shigga Shay) but I was pleasantly surprised to see Glen Wee and Anna Belle Francis all there! Was especially proud of Glen; that he's making ripples with his music. When it was time for his set, I kept spamming photos like a proud mother. It as just pitiful his expression was the same in all the shots la. -_-
Other than GGC, the list of acts included The Sam Willows, Shigga feat Glen, the Lion Men crew and Sheikh Haikel.
Other than GGC, the list of acts included The Sam Willows, Shigga feat Glen, the Lion Men crew and Sheikh Haikel.
I'm honestly really proud of the local music scene in Singapore and I hope it picks up even more in the years to come. Many times, I hear some people saying, 'Aiyah, Singapore no talent la'. But honestly, there's a whole lot of it. We gotta stop putting western music on the pedestal and start sharing and supporting our local scene. I'm proud of it. Are you?
*
*
*
Tanjong Beach Club
After GGC's Anni, we headed over to Tanjong Beach Club. It started off quite..um..meh, just cause I did not fancy the music. It was very 'angmoh' kinda trance music. I'm more the r&b/edm/hip-hop kinda clubber. But I guess alcohol always does the trick and the night picked up soon after. Saw quite a number of familiar faces there and if was great to catch up with some of them. Singapore is really just very small but I kinda like it cause it brings people together. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment