
Firstly, this post was drafted a week before Mother's Day. Don't ask me why it is just only going live now. I can't even answer that. lol
.
.
.
Well...
My mother? To put it simply, she used to irritate me, scold me and nag at me a hell lot. And she’s like the chores-nazi that would never let me out of her sight. She'd have her dragon eyes locked on my plate of food and as soon as the last grain of rice entered my mouth, she'd make sure I washed my plate immediately. She insisted even when it was not commercial time. No merch this one! WHY CAN'T I RELAX A BIT MUMMEHHH?! So because of things like this, we used to be at war a lot when I was younger but now that I'm older, I’ve come to understand the motives behind her actions. I know she irritated me on my whereabouts cause she worried for my safety, she scolded me for my wrong doings cause she wanted me to be a good kid, she nagged at me because she wanted to make sure good habits got ingrained in my memory and she made me do all those chores to prepare me for an independent life ahead. Being a mother is not easy, much less a mother of 4 and I know as much as my mummy grumbles now and then, she does the best that she can for all of us. I'm glad God put me in this family cause I wouldn't be the person I am today without my mum and dad. If I compare my mother by the books, she may not be the perfect mother but she is definitely the perfect mother for me. I love you mummeh. You are irreplaceable and although I don't always show it, I love you a hell lot. Thank you for everything; every small little thing you did for me even when it meant putting our importance in front of yours. Thank you. <3
.
.
.
Well...
My mother? To put it simply, she used to irritate me, scold me and nag at me a hell lot. And she’s like the chores-nazi that would never let me out of her sight. She'd have her dragon eyes locked on my plate of food and as soon as the last grain of rice entered my mouth, she'd make sure I washed my plate immediately. She insisted even when it was not commercial time. No merch this one! WHY CAN'T I RELAX A BIT MUMMEHHH?! So because of things like this, we used to be at war a lot when I was younger but now that I'm older, I’ve come to understand the motives behind her actions. I know she irritated me on my whereabouts cause she worried for my safety, she scolded me for my wrong doings cause she wanted me to be a good kid, she nagged at me because she wanted to make sure good habits got ingrained in my memory and she made me do all those chores to prepare me for an independent life ahead. Being a mother is not easy, much less a mother of 4 and I know as much as my mummy grumbles now and then, she does the best that she can for all of us. I'm glad God put me in this family cause I wouldn't be the person I am today without my mum and dad. If I compare my mother by the books, she may not be the perfect mother but she is definitely the perfect mother for me. I love you mummeh. You are irreplaceable and although I don't always show it, I love you a hell lot. Thank you for everything; every small little thing you did for me even when it meant putting our importance in front of yours. Thank you. <3
Next off to Aunty Eileen,
5 years ago, when Shawn first brought me to meet his parents, I was really scared and I didn't quite know how his parents would be like. Aiyah, first time meeting le parents mah. 5 years down the road, I feel they're like my second parents and that i'll do anything for them. Both of them are so selfless and giving, it's hard not to love them. Well thank you Aunty Eileen (and uncle Bob), for being so giving, so helpful and so welcoming. You're really like a second mummy (and daddy) to me and I hope you know I appreciate every single thing you've done for me from the bottom of my heart. <3
Happy Mother's Day dearest Aunty Eileen!
*
*
*
On to my Mother's Day celebration:


I started it off at Peony Jade with Shawn's family in the afternoon for a tea buffet. It was my first time there and...it's quite highly likely that it's going to be my last as well. Service is something very big and important to me. If you're in the service line, no matter what happens, you jolly-well serve with a smile. I guess Peony Jade didn't get the memo since 5/6 of the service staff that served us had NO smiles and NO expressions at all. In fact, they came off really rude and uninterested. To top it off, we even found a small cockroach on our table. That's not really the best part actually. Upon summoning them to get rid of it, they looked at it and took so long to react that Shawn's brother had to swish it off himself. To top it all off, they didn't even say sorry. Jskhfiuwhdwjd. Thank goodness the food was pretty good, if not I would have gone mental on them. MENTAL.
Well, if you're thinking of trying Peony Jade, I would say food wise, it was pretty good. i can't quite remember the Chinese names of the dishes so you just have to refer to the picture to know what's nice. (How do food bloggers do it....) Lol. Well, I'm not too sure if it's cause it's Mother's Day yesterday but the buffet was $68++ per pax. That included a spread of Durian desserts. I gotta say they scored gold with that one. Super rich and creamy. If you're going there for somewhere with great service, then STAY AWAY FROM THERE. Don't say I didn't warn you ah.
*
*
*
Moving on, Shawn and I joined my whole family up in JB for dinner. Something bout my family is we're really very chapalang one. Classic example of this is we had our Mother's Day dinner at a cze char restaurant. Food was awesome and affordable.
After dinner and dessert, we headed to my dad's new yacht..... Ok la, jokes of course. It ain't ours but my dad is a captain of a yacht so we went to check it out and meet his crew. Years ago, my dad used to travel at sea for months at a time to God knows where and my mum was stuck at home looking after us kids. I remember seeing her really happy to pick-up his calls and even more so to pick him up at the airport. With us kids grown up, my mum now follows my dad on his trips out to sea. In fact, she helps out in the kitchen and always bakes us new cakes that she's learned from the chef. She even got herself a white uniform top to look 'professional' with my dad. Hahaha super adorable that lady.
I gotta say, I really look up to my parent's relationship. They've been together for more than 25 years now and they're still so loving. They still even hold hands and I can't help but smile fondly at them when I see that. Haha
Well, to wrap it up, it was a nice time spent with my family. It's really hard to find time where all of us are free to meet because of our different schedules and the fact that my parents now stay in Malaysia. I used to prioritize work/training and trivial things over family time but I'm glad I've finally adjusted my priorities. Make sure you spend some time with your family today alright! Even a short call to your mum/dad. Small actions make all the difference.:)




No comments:
Post a Comment